Taking a toddler and baby on holiday in May/June - recommendations?

(6 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 06-Jan-13 20:50:21

Would second what another poster said re accommodation. An apartment is a much better option with a young family as you can spread out and relax as opposed to a hotel room.

Good luck with your search and have a fabulous holiday!

BaconAndAvocado Sun 06-Jan-13 20:48:37

We went on our first holiday abroad last June to Menorca. DCS were 14 , 5 and 3.

It was absolutely perfect, short flight, hot but not too hot.

We're going back to Menorca this year to a different resort.

debbie1412 Sat 05-Jan-13 22:45:18

Majorca is very child orientated and easy flights. X

noramum Sat 05-Jan-13 21:18:21

We stayed in the UK when DD was 9 months, I just found it easier to deal with milk and food buying here than transporting mountains of stuff on a plane. As we are Germans each trip to the grandparents includes a flight and I found a long weekend already stressful enough.

We did Cownwall and Isle of Wight three years later and both areas are very good.

We later went with DD to Majorca when she was just under 2. Great place for little people but ai don't know if your budget stretches enough for it. Also May can be a hit and miss weather wise, we had once 30 degrees and a week later 15. June is better and you are outside the main holiday season though.

I would go for an apartment or small cottage with two bedrooms, that gives you more space and less restrictions how to sleep and eat.

finethanks Sat 05-Jan-13 11:39:37

Hi, I would say that it depends what you want from the holiday. You can be really lucky with the weather in this country at that time of year and there are so many fab places to visit here ! It's less stressful and can be much cheaper... depending on where you go. Just to give you an idea, I have a lovely holiday cottage which I let out for £295 - £300 in May/June. I have seen other people advertising decent places at very good prices too.

ellesabe Wed 02-Jan-13 21:41:42

We didn't have a holiday last year so have a roll-over in our holiday fund leaving us roughly £1200. We also have enough nectar points to pay for Easy Jet flights as long as we don't go far smile

We're just not sure where to go, and even if it's a good idea to venture abroad. Will it be much of a break?

I have been on lots of eurocamp holidays both as a child and an adult and know they are very family-friendly but am unsure as to whether this would work with a baby who will only be about 6mo. Toddler will be 2.5yo.

Would we be better off getting an apartment/villa of some sort somewhere? Or should we stick to the UK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now