Apartments/Villas to rent websites?

(15 Posts)
Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 02-Jan-13 20:59:18

bestf uses villaplus

Ohhelpohnoitsa Wed 02-Jan-13 20:57:20

we tend to use ownersdirect too but I emailed them last year and asked them to add more search criteria to speed up the process - like roman steps / childrens section of pool / stairs vs no stairs / enclosed garden etc. They never replied sadly. I will watch this thread too. one tip - I always email the owner asking their "best price" - I got £80 off last year and nearly £150 the year before. of course, many will come back and say the list price is final, but its worth an email!

Ladyemem Wed 02-Jan-13 20:51:20

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Ponders Wed 02-Jan-13 13:04:56

Holidayrentals (now called homeaway) seems to have a lot more properties than Owners Direct.

we have rented through both & liked them all smile

BringUsSomePigleyPudding Wed 02-Jan-13 13:00:40

Last time we used Owners direct and rented an apartment in Majorca. It was right on the beach and all round ideal.

Not saying I wouldn't use Owners direct but cant seem to find any apartments/villas that tick all the boxes yet, hence wondering if there was other sites.
Not really sure as to where we want to go yet. Just somewhere not super crowded in the school holidays, child friendly and a short flight away.

LeavingNewYork Tue 01-Jan-13 23:22:36

Where do you want to go?

purpleprincess Tue 01-Jan-13 21:40:11

So where did you go BUSPP?

I'm tempted to say if it ain't broke don't fix it? If you've been happy with owners direct why chnge??

BringUsSomePigleyPudding Tue 01-Jan-13 20:27:42

I used Owners direct for this years holiday, just wondered if there was any others similar.
I too have trouble deciding... I think I want too many things!
smile

This years was perfect! - im tempted to just go back there smile

Off to try HolidayRentals. Thanks Leaving New York

purpleprincess Tue 01-Jan-13 18:57:54

Ok thanks have had quick look.....I always have this problem with where to go on holiday but I notice I'm not alone ....

LeavingNewYork Tue 01-Jan-13 17:05:48

I always use Holidayrentals.co.uk. Have rented at least a dozen places and never had a problem.

MOSagain Tue 01-Jan-13 15:56:13

Definitely decide on location first Purple or you'll be on the website forever. Or maybe narrow it down to a few and search fights, see how much they will be.
What I looked at too was how much of a deposit was required at the time of booking and how soon they wanted the balance, it really does vary from owner to owner.

purpleprincess Tue 01-Jan-13 15:37:27

Whoops think I meant location rather than 'host'. Must have been iPad correction??

purpleprincess Tue 01-Jan-13 15:36:28

I'd like to give owners direct a try as know lots of friends who have used. Any tips on what to look for apart from nice pictures etc. my usual problem with holidays is where to go I can never decide! There are so many properties on there that need to think about host first!

TIA

MOSagain Mon 31-Dec-12 17:15:32

I've only ever used owners direct as there is so much choice already. Where are you looking at going? If Florida have a look at www.loyaltyusa.com who have lots of lovely villas and apartments within a few miles of Disney

BringUsSomePigleyPudding Sat 29-Dec-12 23:12:08

Looking for some websites similar to Owners Direct where you can book Villa's/ apartments direct?

Any other good ones about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now