Best hotel for Gatwick South Terminal?

(11 Posts)
HyvaPaiva Mon 07-Jan-13 18:47:35

I thoroughly recommend Yotel. We always stay there - you book hourly (it's a minimum 4 hour stay) which is really handy. Last week, DP and I shared the single cabin: it's a tiny pod-like room. The bed is an alcove in the wall with a flatscreen tv inside it; there's shelves for your stuff; and an attached 'wetroom' shower/sink/toilet. It is tiny but quirky and fun for one night. The food menu is surprisingly good and hot drinks are complimentary. The single cabin is a squeeze for two but it's the one we take for just one night. Last week we had it from 11pm to 7am and it cost only £39. The premium cabin (double bed) and twin (bunk beds) are really excellent too and might suit you better. It's all rather 'space ship' like and UV-esque lighting and fun for kids. DP and I are like gleeful kids there in fact. Cheap and lots of fun!

The Sofitel is onsite but it's on the North Terminal. It is amazing and if you check websites like www.aph.com you'll get a good deal.

The Hilton is also good on the South Terminal, and they do pretty good deals there too.

It's always cheaper if you don't do parking.

However I never quite know why people get so bogged down in the North/South thing to be honest - it's a 5 minute monorail ride!

PicaK Fri 04-Jan-13 22:23:34

The one attached is lovely but pricey.

The new travel lodge is great and the bus v regular and reliable and only takes five mins.

SentimentalKat Sun 30-Dec-12 14:32:10

The Holiday Inn is awful. Next time I would go for the Sofitel.

christmosschops30 Sun 30-Dec-12 14:29:15

We stayed at the holiday inn, was about £93 for night and 11 nights parking.
They bus you in to south or north terminal

legalalien Sun 30-Dec-12 14:11:27

Just checked - £103 tomorrow. For some airlines you can check in the night before, so a quick walk to the gate in the morning..

legalalien Sun 30-Dec-12 14:08:30

If you book far enough in advance you can get a Sofitel room for that price - well worth it.

sailorsgal Sun 30-Dec-12 14:04:45

We usually stay at the Premier Inn.

Isityouorme Sat 29-Dec-12 20:50:44

There is a new travelodge -or premier inn-at LGW.

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Sat 29-Dec-12 15:49:47

The one attached to it, sorry can't remember the name.

EuphemiaInExcelsis Sat 29-Dec-12 15:47:49

Anyone recommend a hotel for DD (10) and me for one night? Looking to spend no more than £100, ideally less!

I'd like it to be within walking distance of the terminal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now