Best holidays with teenagers/where have you been?

(11 Posts)
Fluffy1234 Sat 05-Jan-13 15:34:24

We did a lovely weekend away to Alton towers which my teen sons really enjoyed. In the summer we find cruises work really well. The boys have the run of the ship and we can do as little or as much as we like.

Hello. Edinburgh is great. We live in Glasgow, so usually go over in the festival, but outwith August there is plenty to do. Lovely hotels and restaurants. Beaches very close. Pandas at the zoo. The Dungeons. The Castle. An underground city. Ghost walks. Walk up Arthur's seat. Open top bus tours. Clubbing for under 18s. It's relatively small and safe - give your teenagers an all-day bus ticket and you won't see them for dust. You can even get the train through to Glasgow for the day!

charlearose Wed 02-Jan-13 22:21:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

triplets Wed 02-Jan-13 21:56:20

Agent.........what is there to do in Edinburgh? Still struggling, dh wants to go back to Forest Holidays, yes its lovely accomodation, fab hot tub but no onsite facilities, poor dd had her period the 4 days we were there so couldn`t even use the hot tub!

webwiz Sun 30-Dec-12 20:44:16

We've done a few caravan holidays with Keycamp in France. You can choose teen friendly sites with lots going on and its fine for them to go off to the pool by themselves or round the site.

thenightsky Sun 30-Dec-12 20:27:10

Denia in Spain... smallish town, fab beaches. Small enough to let teens wander off on their own.

ssd Sun 30-Dec-12 20:25:43

watching with interest

Edinburgh is great for teens.

BBG?

Sorry to hear about your dh.

I think I've read threads of yours on here before and I also think I might have suggested a few things before - but these might be helpful (sorry if no good):

- London - stay for three or four nights, perhaps in a Novotel which is much nicer than a Travelodge. Could do touristy things/sporty things/arty things/whatever

- Aviemore

- have a look online at the Field Studies Centres and see if they still do family wildlife holidays. Some of them are for young children but some are suitable for teens.

triplets Sun 30-Dec-12 00:26:06

Please?

triplets Fri 28-Dec-12 23:28:00

Hi, my trio will be 15 in Jan. I have bb/g. Finding it increasingly harder to find a holiday to suit us all. Our problem is my dh has cancer, so we are not in a position to book too far ahead as no one will insure him. Our last pre cancer holiday was 4 weeks touring the West Coast of America, absolutley fab! Open to any ideas, w/ends, anything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now