Where to go for a few weeks, just me and DC (7&8)..?

(4 Posts)
Couragedoesntroar Thu 27-Dec-12 08:53:49

I'm starting a new job in late spring and I want to travel before I start. Me and DC's dad separated and it's been a tough couple of years. I will be on a tight budget, but want to go somewhere fun and which will give the kids a new experience. But obviously we need to be safe as a lone woman and two young children.

Any suggestions?

saraking1981 Thu 27-Dec-12 13:46:15

Hi.
id suggest a package holiday as this is going to be the cheapest and most convenient way to travel. all your meals etc will be provided and theres kids clubs for your children. Egypt may be somewhere different, a nice place for culture and history, and the tourism trade is large - many hotels have excellent childrens facilities and even waterparks on site. prices are extremly reasonable but avoid august it will be scortching. Alternitivly have you though about croatia. its fast becoming an excellent hotspot, as theres plenty to do, such as boat trips, watersports etc. Being out of the euro your money will go further too! simillarly with turkey. ive been looking at turkey and egypt for feb half term and there are some bargain prices on hottrips.co.uk. i used the discount code off here and the prices are better then direct with suppliers!
hope you find what your looking for. x

Couragedoesntroar Fri 28-Dec-12 08:41:18

Thanks for the links and suggestions sara, I'll have a look at hottrips.

DD (7) and I went on an all-inclusive to Tunisia last Easter which was good. Since the revolution a lot of people had stayed away so it was good value and it's a safe, friendly and compact country.

We went on a two day coach trip organised by Thomson which took us to the main sights and the Sahara desert. DD loved riding a camel!

The hotel (in Sousse) had a kid's club but there weren't loads of kids as the hotel was only half full. It would be easier with two though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now