Florida next Easter, how can I do it cheaper??

(12 Posts)
judefawley Thu 27-Dec-12 10:41:19

With Delta and via CDG, Paris! Slightly bonkers, but it gets us there. And we'll be in Florida by about 3pm, so should be ok.

We nearly always go indirect to Florida. But we usually have a connecting flight in the US, This is the first time we're going backwards first!

triplets Mon 24-Dec-12 00:58:55

who are you flying with and how long is he flight indirect please?

judefawley Mon 24-Dec-12 00:31:43

We're going at Easter. We're going indirect & we got the flights for £2100 for 4.

I have only just booked them. Got best price through Kayak.

triplets Mon 24-Dec-12 00:24:53

Oh thank you for that tip, will price it up . Thanks for you good wishes too, a very happy Christmas to you. x

MOSagain Sun 23-Dec-12 16:29:19

We go to Florida quite regularly but were shocked last year at how much the prices had increased by. We ended up saving £1,200 (6 of us) by flying into Tampa instead of Orlando. It was only about an extra 15 mins drive from our villa so might be worth you having a look at flights there.

Good luck with DH's CT scan

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 22-Dec-12 08:50:17

Of course triplets I should have thought of that, I'm sorry. Good luck for your DH's CT I really hope its good news.

I'm not sure what to suggest, I suspect there might be quite a lot of reductions on package holidays but States always popular at that time of year and tbh £800 pp sounds about right. Have you checked the airlines direct, I managed to reduce the price of ours through united by going 13 nights rather than 14 so worth having a play or skyscanner.net usually quite good for fare checking.

triplets Fri 21-Dec-12 23:32:36

We sadly are no longer in a position to book further than three months ahead because of my dh `s cancer. His next ct is Jan 17th, on his birthday!! When we get that result we know we have a full three months to do something with, its very difficult. We can`t book then hope to get a refund, no-one will insure him sad

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 21-Dec-12 19:21:11

To get a good price on flights at Easter time you really need to book them as soon as they come out - 11 months in advance.

Maybe have a look at doing it as a package deal, that sometimes works out cheaper than the flights and accomodation if you are staying in a villa.

xKatiex123 Fri 21-Dec-12 09:56:52

Hi.
before becoming a full time mummy, i worked for a few large travel companies. Of course companies push prices up in summer holidays and half terms, as the number of travellers increases dramatically. For people like us, its very annoying, but for business, its excellent! Id always advise shopping around for the best deal. Theres an add in this travel section for a company called hottrips.co.uk - their offering a discount code. might be worth a look.

triplets Wed 19-Dec-12 23:40:38

I know RT, my three are in yr 10 and the school has a zero policy on taking time off, even in our case when their Dad has been so ill and we have wanted to get away for even a w/end. Its so unfair the way prices soar for school holidays.

RedTinsel Wed 19-Dec-12 23:13:59

Is going in term time completely out t of the question? We went last year and coincided with US school holidays and it was heaving and ££. We worked out, after we'd booked, that if we'd gone a week later the DCs would have missed 4 days of school and we would have saved nearly £1000. Gutted.

triplets Wed 19-Dec-12 23:04:46

Hi, I am usuallu pretty switched on when it comes to our holidays, we have had some truly fab ones in the States. We haven`t flown now since 2007 when my dh was diagnosed with cancer. He is now in remisssion and looks very well so we need a good holiday. I have been looking at flights for Easter time and am shocked as to how much they have gone up in that time. Direct seem to be around £800+ each, x`s 5! I lost my Mum in July and will be inheriting some money from her, I can`t afford to blow it all on one holiday. My dh has his heart set on going back to the States one more time, the trio will be 15 in Jan. Any ideas pls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now