KLM children's meal

(8 Posts)
SavoyCabbage Fri 28-Dec-12 08:31:13

Yes, you don't get a meal for a 'baby'. They aren't worth having anyway. Take a sandwich and some biscuits and some fruit. There will be plenty to drink but take a sippy cup.

mungojerrie Fri 28-Dec-12 07:58:47

Good point raffles I'd not noticed that - yea we flew with Klm when dd was 18 months and 2.5 - only got a meal when she was 2.5 and in her own seat.

expatinscotland Thu 27-Dec-12 23:09:33

They're not bad. I always bring stuff, though.

RafflesWay Thu 27-Dec-12 23:06:49

Usually child meals are offered purely for children over 2 yrs - your ds will be classed as an infant! I would double check with klm to be sure your ds will qualify as there could be health and safety issues with providing a child meal for an infant.

mungojerrie Thu 27-Dec-12 19:55:27

I would take food you know he likes because the food might arrive at the wrong time - too late, or just as he has gone to sleep.
When we last flew with KLM long haul the kids meal was macaroni cheese, a yoghurt, fruit, dessert thing. Not too bad. But by the time it arrived (2 hrs after take off) it was so late that our DD was nearly asleep.

givemeaclue Sun 16-Dec-12 07:44:55

Take your own bits. You never know with delays when they are going to get the food and most airline food is rubbish anyway

TBH I would never rely on the airline to fully provide with regards to childrens meals and adult meals are not always much better.

I would bring what your child likes to eat along with enough of it for the duration of the flight.

Hi

My ds (16 months at the time of travel) are going to Saudi Arabia with KLM the second week of Jan. KLM's website states they do children's meals which don't need to be prebooked, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the meals are like? If they aren't so good i'll pack more things for DS to eat instead.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now