Child's passport application

(4 Posts)
SamraLee Mon 10-Dec-12 10:46:10

Just as a side note, I just completed my daughetr's passport form and I did not need to include this information. I am an American and my husband is British and he was born in 1986. I asked the woman at the passport office in Liverpool if we would need the information and she said no because my husband is a British citizen all of his information and all of his parent's information comes up on screen with his passport number (which you include on the form).

BertieBotts Mon 10-Dec-12 01:52:45

Ah okay, fair enough. Thanks smile

Sabriel Sun 09-Dec-12 17:01:08

I think it's a fixed date and relates to a change in the Nationality laws.

BertieBotts Sun 09-Dec-12 13:12:57

On the form it states that if both parents were born after 31 December 1982, you need to include grandparents' details on the application.

Does anyone know if this is a fixed date or if forms produced in 2013 will have the date 31 December 1983 on them?

Only because XP was born in 1983, so I can skip the extra step, it's just one less thing to track down/get wrong, but if it won't make any difference, I'll get an extra form today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now