Murcia region in october

(6 Posts)
CarrotsAreNotTheOnlyVegetables Mon 31-Dec-12 01:06:48

DPs live in the region, agree it is lovely and unspoilt. Can get some rain in the autumn but usually in November, so you should be fine early October. DM and DF had Xmas dinner sitting on the patio, so can be warm all year round!

Agree with Cwtches re Puerto de Mazarron - lovely unspoilt old-fashioned family resort with lovely long beach and no high rises. Popular with the Spanish - a lot of Madrid resdents apparently have holiday homes here.

Hersetta - I think you mean Los Alcazares? Another lovely unspoilt resort.

Don't forget to visit Cartagena - lovely historic port town, quite sophisticated and very Spanish. Amazing Roman remains to explore which are still being excavated - the Roman Theatre just by the port is amazing

WentworthMillerMad Sun 30-Dec-12 16:05:28

Huge thanks hersetta, will google now!

Hersetta Thu 27-Dec-12 23:20:08

If you want real spanish try something like los El cathares, san pedro del pinitar, or los narajas. All lovely and very spanish.

WentworthMillerMad Sun 16-Dec-12 15:15:06

Ooh I will thanks!

CwtchesAndCuddles Sun 16-Dec-12 13:43:13

I stayed 15 mins outside Puerton Mazarron this year, it's a lovely Spanish Resort - try looking for something near the town itself. There were some lovely looking villas right on the beachfront.

WentworthMillerMad Sun 09-Dec-12 12:23:13

Just booked flights to Murcia (San javier) in early October (Scottish half term). We really enjoyed the region last summer having stayed in fuente Alamo.
We would like to be much closer to the beach this time and able to walk to a tapas bar. Prefer quiet and unspoilt / rustic! Can anyone recommend a place to stay? Will then book a villa. Having just browsed owners direct we are spoilt for choice! It's not the English half term so less busy. Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now