Help really, really appreciated re Minorca, Mallorca apartment holidays..

(6 Posts)
helpyourself Sun 09-Dec-12 17:23:25

Investigate Malta. Much more sedate! Not likely to come across big groups, but sun and clubs.

milkjetmum Sun 09-Dec-12 17:17:55

Playa de palma is the german 'magaluf'. Was there for a conference recently, beautiful beach and we stayed in a hotel with all inclusive option (iberostar royal cristina) - family friendly hotel but close to beach and bars.

milkjetmum Sun 09-Dec-12 17:17:55

Playa de palma is the german 'magaluf'. Was there for a conference recently, beautiful beach and we stayed in a hotel with all inclusive option (iberostar royal cristina) - family friendly hotel but close to beach and bars.

BCBG Sun 09-Dec-12 17:10:47

Thanks! Wish I was going..grin

balia Sat 08-Dec-12 21:23:39

It is so hard to watch them go off, isn't it? DD started going on her own holidays 2 years ago, and will be going to Magaluff this year (or Shagaluff as she keeps saying to wind me up).

I'd suggest Menorca - it is beautiful, hot, and has some of the nightlife but in a much less threatening way. Maybe Cala'n Porter - has the famous Caves of Xoroi nightclub, or Punta Prima? (Gorgeous beach).

BCBG Sat 08-Dec-12 20:04:37

Any advice on location would be hugely appreciated by me ad DD grin. Basically, she isn't 18 until just after she leaves school next July, and all her friends will have turned 18 by then. Her brothers both shared 18ths with a friend, and both had quite large parties as a result. DH and I have said that it would be only fair if DD could have the same budget for what she wants, which is to take four or five friends away for a week on holiday. She has never done anything like this before, so it would be a sort of post A level present too. Problem is, she is quite shy and not very streetwise, but she would like to stay somewhere where there is 'some nightlife' and I am finding that very scary although I accept I may be being over protective.. wink. We have thought an apartment might be best, preferably on the beachfront so really close to everything, and I would prefer a family friendly resort but with places they could go in the evening? ...she says she's definitely not up to Ibiza or Greece or Magaluff standards.... just wondered if all you lovely MNers could help me identify a lovely safe place where a group of young girls could go and have a lovely time without too much stress? I probably sound precious, and I really don't mean to, but she is my absolute world, and she has been in a boarding school so not the most wordly wise, and I would love her to have a fantastic first stab at an independent holiday. Oh, and she does realise how lucky she is, but tbh we go on holiday only once a year as a family and are not huge travellers, so this would be a start to her spreading her wings so I really want to get it right! Thanks for reading..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now