Pregnant, In Middle East and Requiring Travel Insurance

(6 Posts)
EIizaDay Mon 10-Dec-12 14:34:32

Kittykatmoll
I should add that we too (as per kelly's family) are covered by DH's work. (We also lived in the ME). We have (fantastic) cover through BUPA. Maybe you could contact them for a quote? Their head office is in Brighton I believe.

Kittykatmoll Mon 10-Dec-12 12:37:34

Thanks Kelly, I really appreciate your help.

kelly14 Sun 09-Dec-12 19:54:05

i will ask my SIL they have lived in dubai last 8 years and she travelled quite late on in her 1st pregnancy in dubai 3 years ago, think they went to thailand but i do know they have full insurance through my brothers work for health etc so not sure if this covered travel, will ask for you .

Kittykatmoll Sun 09-Dec-12 15:11:15

Thanks EIizaDay,

I spoke to my insurance broker today and it seems that there's no-one who'll cover me for anything that unexpectedly occurs regarding the pregnancy, because, for the moment at least, I'm neither a UK or EU resident and/or I won't be starting and finishing my journeys in the UK or EU. We're hoping to take a break elsewhere in the Middle East and I wanted insurance for that trip, along with my flight back to the UK.

There are only a small number of companies who provide travel insurance for UK expatriates who reside out with the EU, so I had a funny feeling that I was going to be on a proverbial hiding to nothing when it came to getting unforseeable pregnancy issues covered.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I do appreciate it.

EIizaDay Sun 09-Dec-12 07:59:36

You won't get an insurance company to cover you for return to the UK in the case of something happening. They will only cover you for return to the ME. I don't know if that was your concern or not?

Kittykatmoll Sat 08-Dec-12 08:16:44

Is anyone aware of an insurance company who can meet my requirements?

I'm pregnant, British and live in The Middle East. I've got a holiday to Egypt coming up and also a trip to the UK. Despite searching the Internet for hours I've been unable to find travel insurance that will cover me. If I still lived in the UK it seems that I'd have no problem finding travel insurance to cover a pregnant woman, but, although we still have our house over there, I'm not going to risk defrauding an insurance company by fibbing.

I've completed all of my research regarding airlines' requirements for expectant mothers, including the paperwork, health status, pregnancy term etc. I need/don't need in order to fly. I'm also fully appraised on what I can and cannot receive from the NHS as regards being an expatriate.

I've contacted a local insurance broker out here a couple of times and await a reply.

If anyone can suggest an insurance company, that would be great.

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now