Woodford tube parking

(7 Posts)
Root99 Tue 04-Dec-12 10:28:27

I'm planning to drive to North East London on Thursday and park up and then take the tube into London. I've looked and Woodford tube station seems to have 169 spaces and be £4 for the day. I just want to know if it's likely there will be spaces when we arrive at 11.30? We can't get there sooner and I need to be in central London by 12.30. Any Woodford regulars out there? Or is there a better place to ask this question?

Gooseysgirl Tue 04-Dec-12 10:41:37

Drive further in to Wanstead and get your sat nav to take you to any of the following roads where parking is free after 10.30am.. Seagry Road, Felstead Road, Draycot Road all a short walk from Wanstead tube. Then take central line straight in to London. Draycot road is best, get there at about 10.25 to get a good space and keep an eye out for parking attendants until 10.30!!!

Gooseysgirl Tue 04-Dec-12 10:43:28

Whoops sorry just seen you can't there before 11.30, you should still be able to get a spot easily enough on those roads. Then under 30 mins to Oxford Circus on tube.

Gooseysgirl Tue 04-Dec-12 10:47:21

Fastest way to Wanstead is take the m11, then 406, then follow A12 from Redbridge roundabout and it's the next exit.. Easy to miss so keep an eye out!

Root99 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:43:30

Ah thanks. Only thing is I am going to have my 3 month old with me in her pram so I was heading for Woodford due to the step free access. But people are generally kind and help so maybe I'll risk it!

Gooseysgirl Tue 04-Dec-12 21:54:55

Wanstead is step free so long as the escalator is working grin Regularly made the trip to Westfield with DD in her buggy when I was on mat leave! (Stratford is step free if you have time stop off at the shops on your way back, brilliant feeding and changing facilities)

Root99 Thu 06-Dec-12 21:38:05

Thanks Goosey for the advice! Worked like a dream!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now