Water for baby in Europe

(8 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 06-Dec-12 11:55:59

I wouldn't use water from a mains supply for a baby. The tap water has a lot of minerals in, which if your baby isn't used to it, could upset his tummy.

Pantofino Wed 05-Dec-12 09:52:36

I always bought Evian when abroad, for drinking or making up bottles.

Duritzfan Tue 04-Dec-12 16:46:24

We took dd away to Europe at the same age - used bottled water with the lowest sodium content we could find, then boiled it - she was absolutely fine .. smile enjoy your break !

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 04-Dec-12 16:28:23

It really depends on your accommodation and their water supply. Hotels are likely to have mains water supply and that would be okay. Villas often have water delivered by tanker and it sits in a tank so no this would not be suitable for anyone to drink.

IwishyouaMerryChristmas Mon 03-Dec-12 11:53:12

Does he drink water here?

Just wondering as at 5 months neither of our dc did so holidaying at that age was quite straightforward.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 03-Dec-12 11:50:27

At that age I didn't boil the bottled water first but you can if you prefer. Look for water with a low sodium content if possible.

givemeaclue Wed 28-Nov-12 10:47:50

Don't give mineral water but bottled water fine if not mineral

lainey1234 Wed 28-Nov-12 10:35:36

We're taking our son to Spain when he will be 5 months old. In terms of drinking water for him, do I just boil bottled water or is bottled water already safe for him to have without boiling it first ? Any advice much appreciated!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now