Travel abroad- do you need a car seat?

(7 Posts)
HannahBerry Sun 25-Nov-12 22:10:51

Just wondering whether you took your car seat with you, especially if you travelled with a baby?

Thinking about Europe (possibly Malta or Turkey) and getting taxis.

Thank you, Hx

mummymeister Sun 25-Nov-12 22:46:12

yes - we have always taken ours to use in a hire car. ds now 10 and we needed one for our USA trip so we just took it with us. dont personally trust the car hire companies to provide a decent/suitable one so would sooner just take my own. if you dont take a car seat what would you plan on doing with your little one in the taxi then?

noramum Mon 26-Nov-12 08:10:36

We always take the seat, regardless if we have a hire car or not. We normally do as we do self catering most of the times.

My friend had a house in Turkey and after one experience with their taxis she always takes the seat now.

HannahBerry Mon 26-Nov-12 15:36:53

@mummymeister I assumed that one could order a taxi with a carseat in Europe. But wanted to hear about other's experiences of whether it is easy to request said taxi.

Thank you noramum. This will be our first foreign trip with bubba, and it seemed a lot to take pram plus car seat on the plan.

HannahBerry Mon 26-Nov-12 15:37:14

*plane

noramum Mon 26-Nov-12 19:38:45

I know it feels like taking the entire household.

At our first flight we out the buggy seat into the hold and kept the chaises with the Infant carseat until the gate. That worked without any problem.

mummymeister Tue 27-Nov-12 11:54:29

Hannah - my experience in europe was too hit and miss when ordering a taxi. communication was the first problem, the car seat produced was inevitably just a booster and not suitable for smaller kids. to be on the safe side take it with you - yes it is a pain but better than the alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now