Traveling with pets

(3 Posts)
WinterMammy Fri 30-Nov-12 21:45:56

Found a dog kennel cheap enough, finally, so that will help A LOT. We wasn't planning on taking the fish, were getting an automatic fish feeder. Might have to take the dragon which were not too fussed about as shes only small.

mummymeister Thu 22-Nov-12 17:58:13

It would be cheaper to get the animals looked after at home and just go on the train with dd. some towns/villages have a home sit service for dogs. cant help with the lizard thingy as i dont know much about them but fish will go for weeks with a block of food. taking them with you will invariably be a pain so just dont.

WinterMammy Thu 22-Nov-12 11:20:27

I have a beaded dragon, small dog and fish (can buy a automatic food feeder for them). We want to visit family early next year, they live North England. and I live right down south. Anyway we were hoping to get the train but it doesn't look like anybody will be able to help us feed the pets. We have dd so taking a beaded dragon a dog and a child on the train would be very difficult, as well as a suitcase. I do have a car but its only a small car, the mileage is already high and I have to do a 600 mile journey! (includes there and back)

I've been looking at a car hire, I'm 21 so I can hire from Europcar, never used one before but it says I will have to pay a bit of an extra feed because I'm under 25. Does anybody have an idea of how much extra I would have to pay?

I just want to visit my family and this journey is already proving to be very difficult. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now