Travel cots

(6 Posts)
luanmahi Mon 12-Nov-12 23:18:25

We're going to Thailand for 2 weeks in January to visit my sister. Our little girl will be 7 and a half months when we fly out and we were wondering whether people have any advice about travel cots. I've seen some that have mozzie nets and UV protection built in and will last for a couple of years but they're very pricey and I want to see if anyone has one of these or has a better option. We do go to visit friends from time to time and up to now have just taken her Moses basket but she's too big for that now. Whatever we get will be used again but I just want to hear from people who have used them before to make sure they are worth the money.

BackforGood Mon 12-Nov-12 23:24:51

I would suggest your sister borrows one from someone out there. They are OK to put in the boot of your car when travelling around at home, but a big piece of kit to try to tke on a plane!

noramum Tue 13-Nov-12 13:41:33

We had a tent-thing from Little Life similar to this one:

www.littlelife.co.uk/html/out_and_about/arc-2-travel-cot.html

It lasted until DD was around 2 and packed away small as we needed it to travel by plane to the grandparents a lot (twice a year at least).

The negative points are: the mattress makes quite a noise when DD moved and we didn't find a way to stop it. Also setting up can be difficult as the poles are hard to manage and we had a rip in the fabric fairly soon. But I also have an impatient DH which could be part of the issue.

If you can get your sister to borrow one and a mosquito net than that would be a lot easier.

Why do you need UV protection?

luanmahi Fri 16-Nov-12 11:10:01

Wanted uv so that she can be protected if we go to the beach so we can take it with us (my sister has a car).

noramum Fri 16-Nov-12 13:08:55

I would better get a UV play tent as the last thing you want to do is cleaning the cot from sand before the next sleep time.

luanmahi Sat 17-Nov-12 03:05:26

Good point. I'll have a look at the one you mentioned. My sister has got a few things from other people but hasn't been able to get cot which is why we're buying one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now