Where to go in January - want warm and sporty but some luxury

(7 Posts)
lovemydogs Mon 12-Nov-12 17:09:03

hiya
my OH and I would like to go away in January for 2 weeks somewhere warm/hot but we are both sports mad and love running/spinning and I love exercise classes so we want to be able to keep that up as well as relax lol. We want self catering and very comfortable - have looked at Club LaSanta but accomodation looks too basic really.
Any recommendations please? Anything in US?

lovemydogs Mon 12-Nov-12 17:10:13

many thanks!!

literarygeek Wed 14-Nov-12 19:01:50

Sharm el sheikh? Lovely weather and some good resorts with well-equipped gyms.

cq Wed 14-Nov-12 19:10:31

South Africa. No jetlag, fab food and wine and lots of fit people. Cape Town and the Wine Route. There's a fab resort east of Cape Town that has a Roger Federer tennis school tied in with it. Went there about 7 years ago when it first opened, lovely.

Can't help on self catering but there's loads of holiday home rental sites.

Everywhere in the US gets pretty cool in Jan, even Texas & Florida.

MummyAbroad Sun 25-Nov-12 21:57:12

Costa Rica is sunny (Jan is beginning of summer, or high season) and there are lots of adventure sports to do if you like that sort of thing, jungle hiking, canopy rides, white water rafting etc.

sailorsgal Wed 28-Nov-12 20:46:00

Le Sport on St. Lucia is sopposed to be fab.

mulranno Thu 13-Dec-12 18:36:44

Accomodation at Club LaSanta is basic - but functional and comfortable....however the rest of the complex and opportunities are so amazing -- you really dont notice!

Half board is good value - self catering a bit of s struggle with onsite supermarket. The restaurant food is really good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now