Family Friendly hotel in London please

(10 Posts)
dizzydixies Mon 12-Nov-12 14:32:17

We're hoping to nip down with 3 DCs next year (oldest will be 9, youngest 4) and need somewhere for 5 of us to stay.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Locality isn't a huge issue as we're used to travelling about in London but I don't want to be forking out for 2 rooms when one large one would do or even interconnecting ones at a push

givemeaclue Tue 13-Nov-12 15:45:26

Premier inn, Angel

dizzydixies Wed 14-Nov-12 15:48:20

Thanks! Does it have family rooms or interconnecting?

givemeaclue Thu 15-Nov-12 09:28:17

Family rooms-but check whether they fit five. Breakfast extra but kids under 16 fat free and the breakfast is well worth it. You could also consider a youth hostel

dizzydixies Thu 15-Nov-12 15:05:07

Never going to get DH to agree to a youth hostel - too much time spent sharing due to his work grin

will have a look thanks

sailorsgal Wed 21-Nov-12 18:56:29

Park Plaza at Westminster is great. It has a pool too which ds loved.

hotelsincavan Thu 22-Nov-12 11:00:58

London is the most beautiful and awesome city of UK and very nice place to visit. There are many hotels that provide very good services and accommodation to their customers and make feel them. You should find on the internet and take help of a travel guide.

turnipvontrapp Wed 28-Nov-12 22:14:59

We stayed at yha London central. Private room for 6, ensuite. Was spotless and very family friendly, loved it! Much nicer than any premier inn I've ever stayed in. And as the name suggests, very central! grin

dizzydixies Sat 05-Jan-13 23:58:30

hotelsincavan thank you - we've been many times before so not really needing a travel guide but a recommendation for a family friendly hotel would be brilliant smile

turnipvontrapp I'll have a nosey - I've always the option of not telling him where we're staying till we get there!

I just object to paying extra for such a small person who (knowing DD3) will sleep in with us anyway!

Suttonmum1 Sun 06-Jan-13 00:36:36

Rooms/ appartments let by the university. Eg off the top of my head, LSE, Imperial College etc. Imperial's are in South Kensington (with pool nearby) near Museums and off Fulham Road.
Google imperial College Summer Accomodation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now