Germany ideas?

(5 Posts)
midnightisaplace Sun 11-Nov-12 19:26:01

Really want to holiday in southern Germany next May/ June. DH, DS(3) and I. I like the idea of the Kinderhotels but they mostly seem to be in Austria. Has anyone been to anything similar in Germany. Alternatively has anyone stayed in a nice campsite or self catering? We would probably by flying Ryanair to Munich (which I think is MEmmingen) and wouldn't want to drive for longer than about 3 hours.

Portofino Mon 12-Nov-12 09:03:19

Good website We have friends in Bavaria so have never booked accommodation. I love it round there.

midnightisaplace Mon 12-Nov-12 17:32:52

Thanks portofini. Will take a look at that.

noramum Mon 12-Nov-12 20:23:55

Have a look at farm holidays. A lot of farms have self catering appartments with less or more things to do for kids.

We stayed near Nuernberg, a bit of a drive from Munich but normally this kind of holiday is available everywhere.

You need to google for Ferien auf dem Bauernhof or look here

english.bauernhof-urlaub.com

www.bavaria.by/farm-holiday-urlaub-auf-dem-bauernhof-bavaria

turnipvontrapp Wed 28-Nov-12 22:20:18

We have done this a few times. Last year we did a week in Innsbruck then a week in Aschau (near Chiemsee). Was fab and we are hoping to go back to the alps next summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now