Going away for Christmas/NY (no kids) any suggestions?

(2 Posts)
SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 11-Nov-12 14:53:45

Zermatt in Switzerland. You cannot get more Christmassy and the skiing is excellent.

AlwaysWantingMore Sun 11-Nov-12 10:07:43

Hi all

To cheer us up, we were thinking about going away for Christmas and/or New Year. We just cannot decide where to go! Budget up to £4 - 5000 although I had thought about £2k.

Our thoughts

- I originally fancied NY but flights before Christmas are pretty expensive and apparently the Times Square NY is not all its cracked up to be on TV - very cold and lots of waiting around I hear

- Las Vegas - we loved this on a previous visit but again I have heard that the 'street party' at NY is horrible, full of druggies and thugs

- Berlin - apparently the NY street party and atmosphere is awesome. It seems they know it as the prices are jacked up but it could be a contender

- somewhere sunny (Teneriefe or somewhere similar?) I guess just to have a quiet/sunny time to ourselves. Alternatively maybe the Caribbean although I'm not keen on the long flight

- skiing - DH keen on this. I'm not sure. Have you ever been skiing just as a couple? Is it odd? I thought you were meant to go in groups

We have done a major longhaul already this year so the thought of long flights (Thailand etc) fills me with a slight dread.

Any suggestions? I have never been away for Christmas or New Year before, and am slightly concerned it will be a bit of an odd feeling, but I would really rather not spend it here at home for various reasons...

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now