CenterParcs in Europe

(11 Posts)
Kentmumof4 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:27:29

Has anyone tried the CenterParcs in Europe? (France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany. I just wondered what they were like and whether they were better in one country than in another???

chipmonkey Fri 09-Nov-12 21:36:10

I have only been to Les Bois Francs in France and Whinfell Forest in the UK. Actually found both to be fairly similar but think France might have been a bit cheaper. And a bit warmer but not much!

bruffin Fri 09-Nov-12 21:37:50

I have been to 5 of the European ones. They are far better value than the English ones,activities are a lot cheaper etc.
The last week of August is cheaper as the Dutch have gone back to school.We went to kempervenen this summer, which was brilliant for my teens. They loved the water skiing.
Any thing else you want to know please ask. I haven't been to the UK ones.

chipmonkey Fri 09-Nov-12 23:47:46

That's interesting, bruffin about the activities being cheaper. We spent a fortune in whinfell on activities and far less in France but I had thought maybe we had fewer activities in France as they boys were smaller.

izzywizzyisbizzy Fri 09-Nov-12 23:50:33

duinrell

have you looked at this place? we have been twice this year, remember you have to pay to use pool, we went a few weeks ago and just took electric blankets it was lovely and warm in van

bruffin Sat 10-Nov-12 00:21:56

We have been to control as well, but we didn't have to pay for the pool, but could only use it at certain times a day. We stayed in the chalets. The theme park is lovely.
I haven't been to a French one chipmunk.

I know when I compared the prices a few years back the prices were less in euros than the UK charged in pounds.
We have been to Erperheide in Belgium, Het Meerdal, Het Heidjebos, De Huttenheugte, De Eemhof and De Kempervenen.
There are some old pictures on my profile of the DC at Heidjebos in the tropical dome.

bruffin Sat 10-Nov-12 00:38:12

Duinrell not control

triplets Sun 11-Nov-12 23:57:05

We have been to Het Hiedjebos and Port Zealande both in Holland. Much cheaper than UK, good discount given for early booking too. Het Hiedjebos was really god as it had the jungle dome too. We stayed in the top of the range villas, could never afford to do that in the UK ones, a real treat. Highly recommended!

Portofino Mon 12-Nov-12 08:50:56

We have been to Eperheide and had a nice time - though I didn't rate the accommodation that much. Duinrell is great! Have a look at www.Landal.com - similar to CPs with sites all over Holland and also Belgium and Germany. Much better value than CP. We have been to Hoog Vaals (3 times) and Sonnenberg in Germany and I have my eye on Het Vennenbos.

Portofino Mon 12-Nov-12 08:54:14

Oh I have also been to the CP at De Haan - when it was still SunParks. That is a nice site - and De Haan itself is lovely with a wonderful beach. Cycling heaven. One more for the summer though. The Sunparks at Oostduinkirke is nice too but the Belgian coast is really built up round there.

Kentmumof4 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:24:30

Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now