Australian child seats

(4 Posts)
abadoo Sun 04-Nov-12 19:27:22

Brilliant, thanks both thanks

OlivesTree Fri 02-Nov-12 11:06:06

I was there in Feb and my Mum used a fantastic company which fitted the (brand new) seat into her car for her. I think they have delivery and collection service too. They also have lots of other baby equipment for hire. I will find out what their name is and get back to you.

There are lots of baby hire places in Australia. Google and see what comes up. We found a place inperth and hired lots of stuff when ds was little.

Look at buying. Yes you can use uk or sell on eBay before you leave. Or gumtree.

We just sat ds on our knee in Singapore.

abadoo Wed 31-Oct-12 21:30:16

We are travelling with our 11mo DS to Sydney at Christmas and won't be hiring a car for the whole time. However, we will be using cars (inlaws, friends etc) whilst we there and thus need a car seat.

A few questions:
1. Does anyone know of a safe place to hire car seats from (if such a thing exists) in Sydney
2. If we bought him a car seat, could we use it in the UK? You can't use the UK ones there but are there restrictions the other way.
3. We're stopping in Singapore on the way there - what do you do about car seats there or do people not bother in taxis?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now