Where to go with baby in London on Friday night

(9 Posts)
WorrierQueen Mon 29-Oct-12 22:10:27

I'm going to visit London in November with my mum and my then 5 month old baby. Problem is, that our sleeper train won't leave Euston station until just before midnight on Friday night. I think it's possible to board the train and our cabin from half past ten onwards. Do you have any suggestions where to go before that at night. i would assume many places won't actually let us in with baby in pram. Baby will be sleeping in his pram from about 8 o'clock onwards and he's solid sleeper so won't be stirred easily. Any suggestions please!

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Mon 29-Oct-12 22:12:43

You can perhaps explore Westfield Shopping Center?

redandwhitesprinkles Mon 29-Oct-12 22:18:49

Most restaurants would allow you in.

WorrierQueen Mon 29-Oct-12 22:20:21

I thought the licensing laws would prevent restaurants letting us in with baby after 9pm?

maillotjaune Mon 29-Oct-12 22:22:15

No idea about licensing laws - but would it make a difference if you went to a hotel? There's one just along the Euston Road towards Kings Cross, for example, with a restaurant.

cherriesblossom Mon 29-Oct-12 22:23:08

Tate gallery on the south bank is open late,quiet for sleeping baby & interesting for you.Walking along the river is my fave thing to do in London-wrap up well tho x

bealos Mon 29-Oct-12 22:24:24

I've only ever had a problem in a few pubs with babies not allowed in the evening. There are loads of quite nice cafes in the new St Pancras station which may be open?

There's the new development just north of Kings Cross with St Martins in it - there's a Caravan there.

knackeredmother Mon 29-Oct-12 22:26:40

I used to take my baby everywhere we went and never had a problem at night in restaurants.

mumzy Sat 03-Nov-12 20:40:08

Chinatown no probs with kids in restaurants. Fortnums and masons, waterstones in the old simpsons department store Piccadilly. Check out if any galleries or museums are opened late on that Friday night. Harrods, selfridges

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now