How much did you pay to travel direct to DLP by Eurostar please?

(6 Posts)
beanandspud Thu 01-Nov-12 22:29:19

Bit late to this but I was going to suggest that a transfer in Lille is far, far easier than trying to get across Paris. We didn't even have to change platform in Lille going out and the 'check-in' for the return leg is easy. Lugging a 4yr old and luggage across Paris wouldn't be my idea of fun!

Have a great time!

Guitargirl Mon 29-Oct-12 21:19:48

Yep, direct, we are going in May half-term, I booked the hotel a few months ago but just booked the train now as I couldn't afford to book it all at the same time! Am quite excited now <even though it's ages away>.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Oct-12 21:15:57

You have gone direct? It will be much easier I promise.

Guitargirl Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:01

Thank you! I have just booked it <gulp>. Bizarrely the premier prices were actually slightly cheaper than the standard so have gone for that!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Oct-12 15:07:20

If you go via Paris you will have to take RER B from Gare du Nord to Etoille change onto RER C and out to Marne Le Vallee this will add about one hour on to the journey with 2 kids and luggage.
I would pay the direct price for the huge reduction in hassle and I regularly travel on the RER with DD and luggage.

Guitargirl Sun 28-Oct-12 14:52:05

I will be travelling with the DCs (aged 6 and 4) to DLP next year and I can't decide whether to pay the extortionate price for direct Eurostar tickets or to go via Paris/Lille? Is it worth it to take the train direct straight from St Pancras? Anyone done it and do you mind me asking how much you paid please? TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now