How much did you pay to travel direct to DLP by Eurostar please?

(6 Posts)
Guitargirl Sun 28-Oct-12 14:52:05

I will be travelling with the DCs (aged 6 and 4) to DLP next year and I can't decide whether to pay the extortionate price for direct Eurostar tickets or to go via Paris/Lille? Is it worth it to take the train direct straight from St Pancras? Anyone done it and do you mind me asking how much you paid please? TIA

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Oct-12 15:07:20

If you go via Paris you will have to take RER B from Gare du Nord to Etoille change onto RER C and out to Marne Le Vallee this will add about one hour on to the journey with 2 kids and luggage.
I would pay the direct price for the huge reduction in hassle and I regularly travel on the RER with DD and luggage.

Guitargirl Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:01

Thank you! I have just booked it <gulp>. Bizarrely the premier prices were actually slightly cheaper than the standard so have gone for that!

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Oct-12 21:15:57

You have gone direct? It will be much easier I promise.

Guitargirl Mon 29-Oct-12 21:19:48

Yep, direct, we are going in May half-term, I booked the hotel a few months ago but just booked the train now as I couldn't afford to book it all at the same time! Am quite excited now <even though it's ages away>.

beanandspud Thu 01-Nov-12 22:29:19

Bit late to this but I was going to suggest that a transfer in Lille is far, far easier than trying to get across Paris. We didn't even have to change platform in Lille going out and the 'check-in' for the return leg is easy. Lugging a 4yr old and luggage across Paris wouldn't be my idea of fun!

Have a great time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now