What to do in cardiff

(6 Posts)
CPtart Fri 26-Oct-12 16:45:27

We are off to Cardiff for four days over half term with DS 9 and DS 7.

Any advice or suggestions for the best things to do and see in and around the surrounding area that don't cost a fortune please!

Thanks in advance.

Museum in town centre is free. St fagans (20 mins outside city centre) is free.

Big swimming pool down the bay, not so cheap there though.

Im in a rush but will try to think of some more later.

BlackandGold Sun 28-Oct-12 14:29:18

There's a castle in the centre of town, bit it's mainly Victorian!
Recommend the Millenium Stadium tour, good, even if they aren't into rugby.

Down by the Bay there's some sort of James Bond thing; might not still be there though as I can't find it on google but the Wales Millenium Centre is good for a visit as you can just wander around inside and look out through the windows, which are in the shape of letters.
www.wmc.org.uk/?lang=en

zamantha Sun 28-Oct-12 17:13:54

St Fagans is fantastic - wander around old worlds or take a bus .

There is a museum in town which is for kids , very hands on - technology , science - free I think. Google science museum in cardiff.

Near Star wars or james bond place there is cardiff bike hire - cheap and off road takes you round bay - we went half way round and back thi summer and a nice ice cream kiosk and park is along there about half way. V. safe, nice view for parents. I had 4 kids with me!!

Lovely park with boats and swings in roath - think called roath park - great cafe for adults to rest awhile

Swimmimg place recommended on here is good - lots of activity features.

There is alos child friiendly white water rafting nearby.

NotDavidTennant Sun 28-Oct-12 17:51:38
EMS23 Sun 28-Oct-12 17:55:10

Techniquest and a boat trip across the bay.
Barry island if you'd like a sandy beach with tacky arcades etc.. The kids will like it at any rate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now