Where would you go to rejuvinate without kids - possibly alone?

(15 Posts)
VerySmallSqueak Sat 03-Nov-12 17:25:39

It's not alone but if it's someone who knew you well they would know when you need alone time,but be there if you need to bounce off someone.

VerySmallSqueak Sat 03-Nov-12 17:24:08

Do you have a very good longstanding friend who you could go and stay with and hang out with for a few days?

VerySmallSqueak Sat 03-Nov-12 17:22:50

This country would be The Lakes or The Peaks.

Abroad within reason would be The Alps or South of France.

Abroad with no boundaries would be Thailand or Marrakesh.

difficultpickle Sat 03-Nov-12 17:16:30

I was surprised at the aggression, particularly in Luxor. I imagine it may be okay if you are at a Red Sea resort but at the moment the FCO advice is to only consider Red Sea resorts and not anywhere else in Egypt because of the threat of violence (generally, not particularly female related).

muttimalzwei Sat 03-Nov-12 16:50:52

Sorry forgot that side of Egypt, apologies. influenced by colleague who came back from there yesterday looking very bronzed and chilled, but he went with a friend.

muttimalzwei Sat 03-Nov-12 16:29:53

Sorry forgot that side of Egypt, apologies. influenced by colleague who came back from there yesterday looking very bronzed and chilled, but he went with a friend.

difficultpickle Sat 03-Nov-12 14:58:41

I certainly wouldn't go to Egypt on my own and I've been to many countries around the world on my own. I've been twice to Egypt. The last time was with ds (then 3) I found the attention and aggression overwhelming - frequently followed back to my hotel.

muttimalzwei Sat 03-Nov-12 13:57:13

Or Turkey, Egypt?

muttimalzwei Sat 03-Nov-12 13:56:20

Somewhere warm but interesting? Granada? Seville? Or Paris in a top hotel?

sashh Sat 27-Oct-12 07:31:41

Places I've been solo

Argentina - would recomend it to, to chill go to Mendoza and visit the vineyards
Australia - wil be hot this time of the year
Brighton - great for wandering the Laines and mooching
Chile - beautiful
Oxford - again great mooching place
London - can be as busy or as relaxed as you like
Uruguay - Salto for the hot springs, you just can't not relax.

OK I realise a few of them are very expensive and would take time to get to.

difficultpickle Fri 26-Oct-12 20:14:31

Le Sport in St Lucia?

mulranno Fri 26-Oct-12 20:12:18

would consider either -- fancy a bit of heat and some deep spa/therapy stuff

froggers1 Fri 26-Oct-12 17:49:11

I know the feeling! I threatened to go to the Cow Stall nr Uckfield for a weekend on my own and leave the baby and toddler at home with DH!! I won't go though - I have calmed down but it looked perfect....do you want home or abroad?

givemeaclue Fri 26-Oct-12 17:18:04

I would love to go on a silent retreat and read books all day undisturbed

mulranno Fri 26-Oct-12 12:21:42

Really burnt out -- need a break -- where would help me recover from a bad bout of the blues - alone...need ideas/inspiration

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now