Bottle feeding and cleaning on the go

(13 Posts)
SetFiretotheRain Fri 05-Oct-12 01:52:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ripsishere Fri 05-Oct-12 01:40:22

Never been to Burma, been to the other two though. I honestly never saw a microwave in either country. Bottles are def available in Thailand. Could you go with two and pick up some more while you are there? They are pretty cheap.

TittyWhistles Thu 04-Oct-12 15:33:18

Milton sterilising tablets are a godsend when going to out of the way places. Otherwise, boiling for 10 mins is the old school method of sterilising. Can you just take one bottle and wash it straight after its finished? Then before next feed, boil the washed bottle for 10 mins (rolling boil) and prepare it straight away.

ng78 Thu 04-Oct-12 15:18:31

Thanks for these tips. Travelling to Burma, Cambodia and Thailand. Not sure about microwaves.
Anyone ever heard of more compact bottles? My hand luggage will be bursting and thought there might be some products out there for travelling families (we are frequent travellers).
Thanks again!

Oops....sterilising at 6months which helps the load. I would only pack one set.of cutlery. How much dining in.will you be doing?

I stopped sterilisn

karatekimmi Thu 04-Oct-12 06:23:11

In the new boots baby catologue there are some self sterilising bottles where you fill the bottom but with water and microwave.

ripsishere Thu 04-Oct-12 05:14:45

Depending where in SE Asia the OP is going, microwaves may not be common.

vvviola Thu 04-Oct-12 05:13:50

I had microwave steriliser bags - they were from medela I think and good for about 20 goes each. Very handy for travelling.

Grumpla Thu 04-Oct-12 04:44:43

Milton do some tablets that don't require rinsing. You can reuse the steriliser bag things with those instead. That's what I do when camping - usually get a good 3 or 4 goes before bag needs replacing.

Small bottle of washing up liquiid (decant into one of those travel toiletries bags?)

You can use a normal Tupperware as a microwave steriliser in a pinch, just leave the lid a tiny bit unclipped.

Rather than take the microwave steriliser, you can buy disposable steriliser bags from Mothercare or Boots. They are just bags with a line to show you how much water to fill them with, and and sterilising tablets inside. However you would still need cooled boiled water to rinse them with before use.

ripsishere Thu 04-Oct-12 03:52:06

Personally, I'd leave the plastic bowls at home. Not sure how you'll manage with the microwave steamer either.
Where in SE Asia are you going?

ng78 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:30:30

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has struggled to travel light with bottle/feeding gear? I can't get my head around the need to pack 4 bottles for the flight, a large cleaning brush, microwave steriliser, plastic bowl and cutlery and formula! I am (travelling to South east Asia so not sure how much of this will be available there. Also don't feel like buying it all again over there even if it were available?

Any tips on how I can ligten this load?!? DS is 8 mts. Has anyone else felt carying all this kit is a real pain?

Thanks for your help.
N

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now