Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe or Cheyenne?

(6 Posts)
Carrotcakeisace Tue 25-Sep-12 19:44:20

I've stayed in both and the Cheyenne is nicer and with dc the bunk beds are a much better option than them sharing a double. Breakfast was also less of a crum than at Santa Fe and the theming is great

BeingFluffy Wed 19-Sep-12 18:50:37

Stayed at Cheyenne years ago - cheap and like the other poster we nicked stuff from breakfast for lunch. It looked OK then and was very clean. About 20 minutes walk from the park.

From memory there was a garage fairly near where DH went to get pastries, wine, sweets etc. It probably is still there - look at the different tourist tips sites.

jolufc Wed 19-Sep-12 18:46:30

We stayed at

www.booking.com/hotel/fr/elyseevaldeurope.en.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-50829-fr-Adiruw3UBp1L1ReAjCwaaAS11104323660:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg;ws=&gclid=CIubhvmYwrICFUXKtAodv2MAcA

You get the extra hours with it, much cheaper and opposite a big shopping centre for cheaper meals/supermarket. Stayed 3 times and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

amck5700 Mon 17-Sep-12 12:49:19

We stayed in the Cheyenne - it was perfectly fine - it's not luxurious at all and tbf could do with a refurb, but the beds were clean and comfy and you aren't really in the room long anyway - breakfast is the same scrum no matter which hotel you are in.

We enjoyed the extra hours but remember that there isn't really a lot of the rides open. We did Buzz about 20 times though as you could just walk off and straight back round again - no queue to speak of.

We also found it a reasonable walk into the park from the Cheyenne so forget about the shuttle bus.

A bit naughty and not something I'd normally do, but we made up a couple of rolls from the breakfast stuff for a lunch snack and took some cartons of juice and fruit and crisps with us to save a bit of cash.

Fruit is also quite hard to come by!!

In the evening my kids liked a hot chocolate from the vending machine at the station on the way home - a waffle as well if they had any.

Bookbrain Mon 17-Sep-12 12:47:00

Cheyenne was pretty good for a cheapie. Theming was great, outside areas (designed to look like a wild west main street) were good, room was comfortable with bunks for the kids. Breakfast not too much of a scrum. You can walk to the park via the river which takes about 25 mins, or via the road which takes about 10 mins.

Sante Fe looked a bit like nasty halls of residence TBH.

buzzgirly Mon 17-Sep-12 12:42:36

We are going to Disney next May with my, DH, 2DCs, MIL, my sister and mum. We have found a good deal with disneylandparisdirect, but not sure what hotel to stay in. Obviously we want to keep the price down as there is so many of us!

Has anyone got any tips or advice? We went last year and stayed in the Dream Castle, but want to use a disney hotel this year so we can use the extra hours. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now