Where is the best place to go in Turkey for a family holiday? Thanks

(10 Posts)
SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 28-Sep-12 11:02:20

I think the Russians tend to stay in the places around Antalya and they also seem to love AI hotels wink

You don't find too many Russians around Bodrum.

hermioneweasley Thu 27-Sep-12 20:21:54

Kusadisi is a busy town and near Ephesus for historical interest

turnipvontrapp Thu 27-Sep-12 20:20:00

I second that, grovel, after our experiences with them his summer. Ds3 was bitten, strangled and booted up the backside by the Russian kids. Waiting their turn something they don't teach them either grin

grovel Wed 26-Sep-12 16:03:36

Try to stay where there are not too many Russians.

They are disgustingly rude on holiday.

didldidi Thu 20-Sep-12 16:40:19

Can second Lykia World and it's a really pretty area too. Lots to do for all ages.

charlearose Thu 20-Sep-12 16:32:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 12-Sep-12 11:56:55

We go to Turkey most years and I also lived there for a few years smile

We love the Bodrum Peninsula, there are so many different places you can stay there. We prefer to go self catering in an apartment or a villa as, to be honest, unless you pay a lot fo AI it really isn't very good. There are also so many lovely places to eat out it seems a shame to be tied to the hotel.

Anyway, with tennagers maybe Gumbet would suit you as it is one of the more lively resorts or Bitez if you want something a little more laid back.

Wherever youo choose I am sure you will love Turkey, it is a beautiful country, the people are lovely and the food is amazing!

FairyPenguin Tue 11-Sep-12 22:05:48

We went to Pegasos World in Side with First Choice, very clean, all-inclusive, lovely private beach, massive pool.

mckenzie Tue 11-Sep-12 22:04:12

We like Lykia World, near Oludeniz. You can do all inclusive but we don't as we're not big drinkers nor big ice cream eaters smile. It is looking a little tired now in some places (gym equipment we thought was dated when we first went 5 years ago and some of it was still there this year) but we heard that there is some money being invested for some sort of renovation this winter.
Food is fabulous and lots of it, plenty for everyone to do activity wise, plus the option to do nothing too. It has it's own websiet. Thomas Cook also go there from the UK.

MUM2BLESS Tue 11-Sep-12 19:54:20

We have four kids two of which are teenagers. Would love to go to Turkey next summer. Any advice? would consider all inclusive.

We went via alpharooms to Marjorca, would consider using them again. Very well organised trip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now