Did you go to the games with baby?

(8 Posts)
k2togm1 Tue 14-Aug-12 11:09:56

Can you share your tips with me? We got tickets to see the wheelchair basketball at the Paralympics and have to take ds who is 18mo. I understand he needs a ticket, what else do we need to do/ know?

k2togm1 Tue 14-Aug-12 11:10:33

Actually the title should say 'toddler' instead of baby blushsad

Limelight Tue 14-Aug-12 13:37:54

We took our 18 month old to the volleyball. We were allowed to take a small bag so had a small amount of changing stuff. We also took her in the sling which was useful. There was a buggy park though I noticed.

My only advice is to check exactly what you can take into the venue you're going to and also to take plenty of snacks to keep your DC busy. My DD went through boxes and boxes of raisins!

k2togm1 Wed 15-Aug-12 12:46:05

Thanks limelight, I must check that and will try and remember lots of snacks, I'm still not terribly good at it!

notcitrus Wed 15-Aug-12 15:10:55

Lots of snacks and little toys to bring out. And earplugs. Dd aged 5mo loved it all but 3 and 4 yo were bored after their food and complained it was too noisy. Buggy stores right under the stands at the main stadium, so that would be useful.

PrincessOfChina Wed 15-Aug-12 15:18:06

We're taking DD, who is 18mo, to the Paralympic Swimming and the Tennis, Basketball, Football and Goalball. I've been to several venues already as I work for a sponsor so I've scoped it out a bit.

We'll be taking advantage of the buggy parks (although if anyone has taken a large backpack carrier type thing I'd be interested to know) and carrying lots of snacks for DD as well as a cup for her. I'll take some stickers and crayons with us and have a few iPhone apps that she likes. We took her to the football during the Olympics and found she was fine for about 90mins with all that. Oh, and we took the reins so she could poddle around between our three seats but not run off!

Have fun!

k2togm1 Wed 15-Aug-12 21:12:36

Oh yes was planning on taking the reins, thanks for reminding me! Ds loved all the sport on tv do I hope hell enjoy it there too. Will take the ear defenders but even if they are necessary he tends to take them off...
Not sure if I'll take the pram or just the sling ...
Thanks for all the advice and enjoy them too!

vinhdq Wed 27-Mar-13 08:50:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now