Passport not arrived yet/lost barcode

(18 Posts)
Katybabes Mon 06-Aug-12 11:10:00

I know that there are threads about this already but I haven't found the answer I need in them.

My son's first passport hasn't yet arrived, we travel on the 13th. The rest of the family just needed renewals and those all arrived over a week ago.

I have looked and looked and I can't find where I put the barcode reference so I can't track the passport progress. Yes, I know this is a big mistake.

Anyone know which number I shoudl ring. The 0300 222 000 number says you need your barcode for them to be able to help you.

The passport forms were sent to Gwent, they cashed the cheque over 10 days ago so I know there is some progress - we just haven't got the passport yet and of course I'm now in a panic.

Any advice really welcomed.

klovely Mon 06-Aug-12 11:18:47

im in the same situation but mines at durham i just called they said passport has cleared and should be with us soon.im not that confident so im calling my local mp to email them.if you read the other thread iit seems that people that do this are having a huge success and getting an instant call from the office to say passport will be delivered at such and such a time and it has.try this and good luckx

Katybabes Mon 06-Aug-12 11:28:50

Thanks so much klovely, I will call them now. Assume I call the 0300 number? When I did so just now the recorded message said they would not be able to help if I didn't have the barcode number.....

klovely Mon 06-Aug-12 12:21:09

dont bothet with them ive tried that number its useless.get on to your mp asap.they have to do something fot you x

katykoo Mon 06-Aug-12 16:42:20

Katybabes how did you get on ? I'm in same situation, no barcode, emailed them but told me they cannot do anything without the barcode !

gaz2483 Mon 06-Aug-12 17:02:17

Does anyone know how long the barcode number is? I have my checklist and it has couple of numbers on there but not sure if one of these could be the number.

klovely Mon 06-Aug-12 18:18:52

whoooop result!!!! called my loal mp today gave im details.within 30 mins i had a call back saying passport wa
s issued on saturday and should bewith me by weds.why they couldnt tell me that when i called them this morning i dont know!!!

katykoo Mon 06-Aug-12 18:55:53

Thats great news klovely !!!
gaz2483 its a 10 digit number

gaz2483 Mon 06-Aug-12 19:01:09

Thank you, unfortunately on top of letter its only a 9 digit number I have. Fingers crossed it arrives as I am supposed to be going away next Wednesday

Katybabes Tue 07-Aug-12 09:55:45

Hi katykoo, I found my barcodes! I didn't realise that the barcode from the printed form they sent to me would be the same as the initial number I recorded when I filled in the forms online. My husband worked this out and then called them in the early evening. The passport should be despatched by courier tomorrow (think he paid extra to speed this up).

Good news for me, but am crossing my fingers for everyone else who is still waiting for news. Keep us posted.

katykoo Tue 07-Aug-12 14:05:30

Great news Katybabes. Have emailed my local MP who is looking into it for me, so crossing my fingers and toes !

klovely Tue 07-Aug-12 15:23:03

whoooop passport been delivered by courier.zante here we come!!!! good luck everyone x

Katybabes Tue 07-Aug-12 20:09:46

Hi klovely - great news! Mine arrived today too as promised. Now all I need is for the weather in Le Vendee to improve! Next week's forecast isn't so good....

Soapretty Sun 12-Aug-12 09:52:47

Am in the same position - sent application in mid July, cheque cashed on 25th, don't have barcode and still haven't had passport. Panicking now, but I know it's at Belfast office and the 0300 number, when you speak to them, told me they'll put me through tomorrow. Anyone have any advice re Belfast office ? Will call my MP straight after if there's a prob. Travelling in a week - help !!

katykoo Sun 12-Aug-12 10:57:09

Haven't heard much mention of Belfast other than they don't seem to be as busy as the others. If the 0300 people can put you through then they will more than likely sort it out for you. The main problem with the other offices seems to be how busy they are and not be able to get through and speak to someone. If all else fails contact your MP, my passport was sorted with 24 hours !

Soapretty Sun 12-Aug-12 11:38:23

Thanks Katykoo. I'm worrying slightly less now after your message and the others in this thread. Just frustrating that I can't sort it out today. Feel a bit daft for not making a note of the barcode and for leaving it this late. Must learn organisational skills .......... Fingers crossed the nice friendly Belfast people have some good news for me tomorrow.

Straightforwarda Wed 28-May-14 19:30:53

Do people really think their MPs have nothing better to do with their time.. like running the country... than sorting peoples' holidays out, who havent got their shit together in time?!
If somone rang up HMPO without a barcode, claiming to be you, and they gave out all your personal information, would you be happy with that?

charlotteC1995 Tue 31-May-16 19:04:38

How do I get in contact with my local mp? Not even sure what that is but I've also lost my barcode and I really need to know what's going on with my passport....:/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now