Cheap Eurostar tickets to Disney, borking direct?? February

(9 Posts)
CharlieBoo Sun 20-Jan-13 15:29:17

We want in December for 4 nights and our Eurostar was £376... Which is cheap... Have since looked to go again and can't believe how expensive it is. We booked direct with Eurostar too.

zipzap Sun 20-Jan-13 11:02:29

Try railbookers.co.uk - they've always been very helpful.

janek Sun 20-Jan-13 10:46:52

Okay, having consulted a map and the eurostar website i conclude it must be cheaper to get the eurostar to paris and then travel on the RER. information here

janek Sun 20-Jan-13 10:42:15

When are you travelling tray4la? Tickets for May are only currently available up until 20th, although i notice that it is possible to buy specific disneyland tickets MONTHS in advance. With this is mind i would take pickledmoomin's advice and go via paris or lille.

Remember NO ONE can buy tickets before they go on sale, so as long as you book them as early as possible you are likely to get the cheapest price.

The cheapest way to do it is to change at Lille and then get the train directly into Disney. It usually means a wait of an hour but is worth it for the money you'll save.

Alternatively, you could get the train into Paris and then get the RER into Disney.

Price up both options and see how it compares.

janek Sun 20-Jan-13 10:28:13

Eurostar tickets go on sale 4 months in advance. The sooner you book them, the cheaper they are as obviously the cheaper tickets sell out more quickly. The cheapest return journey to paris is £69.99 for an adult, so i imagine it would be this, or a little more to eurodisney. Children between 4 and 11 pay a little less, but not as little as half price i don't think. 12 year olds pay full price.

If you can be flexible with times/dates you can get the cheaper tickets, midweek is usually cheapest.

You can book through raileurope.co.uk (who will send you a reminder e-mail when tickets go on sale if you try to book more than four months in advance) or directly with eurostar.com, worth it if you travel frequently as they do a loyalty programme.

yfuwchhapus Sun 20-Jan-13 10:16:55

It doesn't get much cheaper I'm afraid. I have been keeping an eye on the prices over the last couple of months but they only seem to go up bit by bit!! If you have driven before I would recommend doing that again as you will save ££

tray4la Sat 19-Jan-13 22:20:11

Hi, how did you get on with the prices for Eurostar? We are going in May for 5 nights and the price is over £700 for 2adults and 2 kids.
Is it best to wait till nearer the time???
I don't want to book it now and it goes down a couple of hundred quid next month !

Ilovecake1 Sat 04-Aug-12 10:36:16

Hi, I am knew to this site and hope I'm posting in the right place!! We have booked to go to Disney in February...but now looking into the cheapest way to travel down and back via Eurostar!! But not having much luck....the cheapest I can find is about £600 for 2 adults and 2 children!! Any tips, any sites with reasonable prices?? We have been before and driven down but would ideally like to travel by Eurostar this time. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now