Has anyone book an lc(low cost) flight through Rumbo or similar?

(11 Posts)
Amapoleon Sun 22-Jul-12 13:05:48

I've found some flights and im assuming that lc , means the cheapest flight on the day but I dont quite understand the concept. There is a set flight time but do they guarentee it, when do they let you know. Is your destination guarenteed or is it somewhere close e.g I want Stanstead, could they send me to Luton. I don't know if it sounds a bit dodgy!

Amapoleon Sun 22-Jul-12 15:43:39

bump

Cremolafoam Sun 22-Jul-12 16:06:13

Try skyscanner maybe?

Amapoleon Sun 22-Jul-12 18:53:33

Thanks been on skyscanner. This lc {lowcost} thing only seems to come up on Opodo, Rumbo etc. Just trying to get my head around the concept in case I'm wasting my money on some strange scheme.

Amapoleon Sun 22-Jul-12 21:20:43

bump

Amapoleon Mon 23-Jul-12 08:42:12

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 23-Jul-12 08:45:58

'LC' means 'low cost' airline doesn't it? It refers to Ryanair and those carriers, so your flight would be with one of those companies.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 23-Jul-12 08:50:14

I've just checked on Rumba and the flights we've booked directly with an airline don't come up any cheaper than they did booking direct. I have our flight numbers so I am able to compare like for like.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 23-Jul-12 08:52:45

Meant to say, if you hover over the blue 'i' on the Rumba site it gives you the flight number but not the airline which is how I made the comparison.

Amapoleon Mon 23-Jul-12 10:30:53

Oh brilliant thank you. Will have a look. just thought it was a bit weird.

SpanishMum1 Fri 18-Mar-16 14:37:52

Customer service is terrible, they were rude and extremely patronizing . The airline cancelled the route and Rumbo changed the outgoing flight to a completely different date without prior notification. When I called to say that had to fly out on the day I had booked, they refused to change it and practically called me a lier when I said that I had never received an email informing me of the change (the only email that I did not get from them conveniently enough) which apparently was giving me alternative flights. I asked to speak to a manager but no one was available. Had to call twice as they cut me off when I requested to hold for a manager. Eventually they re sent the original email whilst I was on they phone, but no alternative flights were given, only an option to accept the change or declined, which I declined however no other flight choice was given after that, and if I wanted to change it from the alternative choice I had to pay the difference and a fee for doing so, considering it was not my fault whatsoever. I was not able to book another flight there and then, I had to wait up to 72 hours for the confirmation from the airlines to check availability as they did not have direct access to make the reservation, a completely waste of time!!!. Whilst waiting for such email, I contacted the airline directly and got it changed to the original date in two minutes without having to pay a penny to do so, and not having to argue with anybody. My advise is, don't bother with Rumbo as they have to contact the airline directly to make the reservation, something that you can do yourself, you do not get confirmation straight away, it might take a day or so before you know if your booking is accepted and the communication and customer services is very poor. You are better off using websites such as Skyscanner or contacting the airline directly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now