What does a 3 month old need to wear in Cyprus in August?

(11 Posts)
MarkyP Sun 30-Sep-12 19:10:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

girlywhirly Tue 10-Jul-12 09:56:26

The short sleeve and leg rompers over a nappy will be fine, as long as they are cotton and loose fitting. Sun hat when in the sling, a nice cotton liner for the pushchair with a good UV sunshade. I think he is most likely to get too hot while in the sling and against your hot body! Also any arms and legs sticking out are at risk of burning.

While you're on the beach, you can cool him off by popping him in one of those tiny inflatable toddlers boats with some seawater in it (under shade of course)

bamboostalks Tue 10-Jul-12 09:52:13

It is boiling there, probably just a nappy or a vest at night. Depends whether you have the ac on or not?

LtEveDallas Tue 10-Jul-12 09:49:22

Sorry Bobby, had to get to work!

Indoors anything that is loose and cotton. Was easier for me with DD as she lived in simple cotton dresses, but for a boy I think simple cotton T Shirts, I wouldn't even bother with shorts - his nappy will be fine.

Whatever you choose, just make sure its not too fussy or tight. You can always add a cardi if he gets cold, better that then overheat.

I don't know how long you are going for, but if it's any longer than a couple of weeks you may wish to cobble together a cotton sleeping bag for him, I did that for DD and it was a godsend.

What about indoors? Sorry I'm bring pedantic blush

LtEveDallas Tue 10-Jul-12 07:50:12

UV suits. Thin, easily dried, comfortable, safe. DD lived in hers when we lived there.

Bump

He's in those already - they are fab. But think they'll be too hot on holiday though confused

Sittinginthesun Mon 09-Jul-12 14:15:43

Little romper suits - the ones that are like babygrows, but with short legs and sleeves? <remembers how cute my eldest looked in his...>

wink even

We will be spending a reasonable amount of time in Cyprus soon, with DS who will be almost 3 months by then.
It's already 32 degrees (hurrah!) but I'm now struggling to know what clothes will be suitable.
He's in the sling a lot, so can get quite hot in that anyway. On the beach he'll be in the sun tent of course, but dressed in what?!
I'm thinking just a nappy most of the time? Maybe with cotton shorts?

Ah if only we had this kind of problem in the UK ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now