Mallorca car hire

(7 Posts)
wheresthebloodydogmummy Wed 16-May-12 20:23:54

Can anyone recommend a car hire company in Mallorca which will a) not scam us for fuel, b) not lift hundreds of ££s off the credit card at the getgo or c) cost more than our flights!

clam Thu 17-May-12 22:54:42

Not sure, but I'd advise you to book early - a friend has a villa out there and when she went last summer (or maybe the year before) she left it to the last minute and there were virtually no cars left on the island to hire.

nancy75 Thu 17-May-12 23:13:15

We use a company vanrell, we have a house there so we visit regularly and have never had a problem with them. You can get the car from the airport or at their offices in pollenca or alcudia

Fluffy1234 Fri 18-May-12 13:29:48

I used carhire 3000 and found them very good.

kingprawntikka Fri 18-May-12 14:07:11

We used www.terryscarhire.com/ They were very good. Our hire car got damaged when it was parked so we didn't see what happened. We emailed the company telling them that there was now a 20cm dent in the back of it, and it looked like someone had reversed into it. They emailed back saying "don't worry about it have a nice holiday"
I was still worried about it thinking does that mean "don't worry about it have a nice holiday" Full stop, or " don't worry about it have a nice holiday.. we have your credit card details" or "don't worry about it we'll assess the damage and invoice you later"!!
A couple of months after we got back, a large brown envelope with Spanish stamps on arrived. I opened it with a sense of horror..It was A CALENDAR!! and a discount code for future rentals!!

They never charged us a penny for the damage or made any further reference to it.

wheresthebloodydogmummy Sat 19-May-12 20:40:22

Thank you all very much.

sid8 Wed 17-Jul-13 11:00:10

You can check LU car rentals. They provide all type of cars and vans and all are insured and come with breakdown cover when travelling outside the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now