If you're travelling through Heathrow with kids...

(11 Posts)
Lamazeroo Sun 04-Nov-12 19:12:09

Thanks FryingNemo - I hope so!

FryingNemo Sun 04-Nov-12 19:09:37

The one in terminal 1 was there yesterday so probably the one in terminal 3 will be too.

Lamazeroo Sun 04-Nov-12 19:04:39

I know it's an old thread, but just wondering if anyone knows if the play area in Terminal 3 is still there?

Sophiemooboo Sat 31-Dec-11 13:00:30

Playarea in T5 very good, nice staff and kiddies loved it. If you have cows-milkguzzling kids, the planes carry very little milk these days, most of it in UHT cuplets so useless. Mine drank the plane dry so remember to buy your own in the terminal! Starbucks pret etc do cartons of milk, so do MCDonalds etc.

HairyButtMonkey Thu 22-Dec-11 15:57:19

Bump

HairyButtMonkey Thu 22-Dec-11 15:57:10

Just wanted to update this to say that we traveled through Heathrow yesterday (21st Dec) and there is a temporary play area in Terminal 3 near gates 23 (just by the main bit) for 2-8 year olds. It is free and open until Jan 8th. There was lots to keep the kids amused but as my DS is only 19 months, I lied about his age as with a 6.5 layover there was no way I wasn't taking advantage of this! smile
I expect there are temporary play areas in other terminals too. Maybe somebody else knows...?

genuinelytorn Thu 04-Aug-11 15:50:07

Used the play area in T3 recently and it was fab (especially so given our flight was delayed by nearly 24hrs so we had plenty of time to kill with 2 DCs, 4 1/2 and 1 1/2). They both found plenty to keep them entertained (colourings / play kitchen / small climbing frame / cuddle area with cushions, books etc). A Godsend. Family lane for security check is great as you can take your time with all the crap stuff being carried (baby carrier / toddler backpack / daybag / handbag etc) and no one frowns or tutt-tutts behind you. Oh, and the DCs get a sticker once they get through the security arch! smile

strandednomore Fri 29-Jul-11 19:07:18

Oooh thanks for this. Unfortunately we won't be flying out of Heathrow until next year but will hope the play areas are still there....

Cies Fri 29-Jul-11 11:54:35

No, but there wasn't much of a queue.

EldonAve Thu 28-Jul-11 17:31:57

Did you try the family lane for security?

Cies Sun 24-Jul-11 11:28:11

make sure you find the new children's play areas they´ve installed. They're free!

They´re small, but have enough to keep little ones amused for a while. But they're only on a 10 week pilot scheme till September, so make sure you leave a positive comment, so that it'll be carried on.

The staff said they were in all terminals, and the one in T5 is the biggest. I was in T3, and it's a bit hidden, on the way to gates 23-43 if I remember correctly, but only actually a minute's walk from the cafes and shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now