I am printing off photos - why are they coming out too green? Ds does not look green in real life.

(12 Posts)
MuffinMclay Thu 15-Nov-07 13:59:45

It is a brand new printer.

Is it a crap printer, or something I'm doing wrong. I'm not the most computer savvy person so that is a possibility.

Mung Thu 15-Nov-07 14:03:12

I thought that when it came out too green it meant that the red was running short, but if its a new printer then it should be OK. Did you push the ink cartridges in fully?

Other than that...I can't really help...sorry

Kevlarhead Thu 15-Nov-07 14:03:45

If it's an inkjet printer you may have a blocked ink nozzle.

Piggy Thu 15-Nov-07 14:04:43

Have you chosen the "best" quality option for printing? I notice a difference with my printer if I print out photos without using the "best" option.

Chopster Thu 15-Nov-07 14:06:55

pmsl at 'ds is not green in real life'.

I'd say it is a cartridge problem, prob the ink isn't flowing through properly. Try wiping the heads of the cartridges with a damp cloth to get it running, then run a good few copies of the test sheet to check that they are running properly.

MuffinMclay Thu 15-Nov-07 14:11:36

Wow, that was quick. Going to investigate those things further now.

ib Thu 15-Nov-07 14:18:24

You should be able to print out a test page on your printer.

If there's nothing mechanically wrong with the printer and the photos just have a green tinge it may be that the colour balance on the screen is different from in the printer.

morningpaper Thu 15-Nov-07 14:20:37

You will be missing a colour

Run a Printer Check and see which colour is blocked

Run the nozzle cleaning cycle

You should find these tools in your printer properties

or just send to Bonusprint online - only costs about 10p each and is fabby photo quality

MuffinMclay Thu 15-Nov-07 14:22:20

Bugger, ds awake and bawling. Investigations will have to wait a while.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Piggy Thu 15-Nov-07 14:46:01

Ooooh ,MP - sounds good. Is it as good as "old fashioned" photos?

morningpaper Thu 15-Nov-07 14:53:54

yes it is!

L0uiseD Wed 25-May-16 15:07:51

You'll get much better quality prints if you use a print shop to print your photos. It's really reasonable these days! Fujifilm have a great mobile app called 'Fujifilm Imagine' which connects you to your local print shop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now