Ghost typing and how to stop it?

(3 Posts)
Memoires Sun 09-Oct-16 22:48:20

Since the latest iOS update, I have suffered ghost typing, and mad typing and all sorts of crap going on. What on earth has happened? Can I go back towhatever iOS I had before? It's veranning

Very annoying is what I typed, very carefully.

Veranning is what happened.

prh47bridge Tue 11-Oct-16 08:15:20

Are you using the built-in keyboard or a third party app (Bitmoji, Swype or similar)? If you are using a third party app it is worth checking for updates in the app store. Some of them have problems with iOS 10 (the version that came out recently). You could also try switching to the built-in keyboard and see if that works. Similarly, if you are using the built-in keyboard you could try a third party app and see if that works better for you.

Yes, it is possible to go back to the previous version of iOS. If you have a backup it is relatively straightforward - see here for a guide. If you don't have a backup it is still possible but you will lose all your apps and files.

Memoires Tue 11-Oct-16 23:23:50

Thanks, prh. I didn't mention it's an iPad blush - sorry; fairly pertinent, really.

No back up. Aargh. I assume Apple know it happens, and will issue an update which sorts it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now