Can anyone recommend any Blackberry Apps; the ones I have are crap

(5 Posts)
Katymac Fri 23-Sep-16 20:46:07

The Facebook one does nothing at all the old one was much better

& the google maps one is worse!!

Any suggestions

(& yes currently I have to use a blackberry as I struggle with a touch screen due to mobility/sight issues)

prh47bridge Mon 26-Sep-16 18:49:32

With Blackberry sales so low I'm afraid there isn't much incentive for developers to produce good apps for it. They'll be chasing platforms that have more users - Android, iPhone and, to a lesser extent, Windows Phone. That's not much help for people like you but I'm afraid that's the way it is at the moment. Sorry.

Katymac Mon 26-Sep-16 20:11:56

I worry you might be right

Have you seen a smart phone with proper keys?

prh47bridge Mon 26-Sep-16 22:19:29

There aren't many. The Blackberry Priv is an Android phone with a slide out keyboard. As it runs Android instead of Blackberry's own operating system it has access to the full range of Android apps. Samsung produce clip-on keyboards for use with some of their more recent models such as the Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 Edge. I haven't used any of these so I can't make any recommendations but these would appear to be the best options.

Katymac Mon 26-Sep-16 22:39:23

Thanks I'll have a look

There are keyboards ou can buy on amazon but I am scared of buying a crap one or one that isn't compatible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now