Excel help please!

(9 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Tue 23-Aug-16 14:27:12

I am working on a spreadsheet, I have two columns I am focussing on. Column A would be the name of a person (1 of 4 people), Column B would be a yes or no answer.

I have a formula set up that says of the information in Column A, which was provided by Person 1, which was provided by Person 2 etc to give me percentages

I then need to work out, of the percentages provided by Person A, which were yes and which were no results?

Is this all gobbledegook? Could someone just let me know which function I need? Thanks!

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Aug-16 14:36:00

Oh this is a COUNTIF function, OP.

Hold on and I'll do it for you!

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Aug-16 14:36:47

Do you simply need to know how many Yes's there are and how many No's?

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Aug-16 14:37:26

Could you use dummy names (Name 1, Name 2 etc) and post a picture of it?

TobleroneBoo Tue 23-Aug-16 14:42:50

Its basically a quote spreadsheet, so Bob gives out 20 quotes, but only gets a yes on 10 of them

I have been using COUNTIF throughout but I'm not sure I can make it work on a second stage

So for example I have used COUNTIF to see of all quotes provided, which are Bobs - thats working fine.

I just now need to see, of those that are Bobs, which are yes? I think I am losing track myself

Thanks

hatters Tue 23-Aug-16 14:49:54

Can you add in a countif(and(a=Bob, b=yes)) / countif(a=Bob)

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Aug-16 15:08:37

Create a new column for Bob:

=IF(B2:B10="Bob",IF(C2:C10="Yes",1,0))

Then do a COUNTIF at the bottom to add up all the numbers.

hatters Tue 23-Aug-16 17:18:18

Ah, I was thinking of (and messing up) COUNTIFS, it's been a couple of months and I've forgotten how it all works blush.

TobleroneBoo Tue 23-Aug-16 17:22:31

Thank you for your help! I got sidetracked but will try again tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now