IPad mini for 8 yr old, is the 4 worth the extra £100?

(5 Posts)
RonSwansonsBestFriend Fri 10-Jun-16 11:49:30

I'm begrudgingly buying an iPad for my 8 yr old. Mostly plays games, nothing too data heavy but uses school apps too, Mathletics etc.

The mini 2 is £219 and the mini 4 is £319.

That's a huge price difference and although I think the 2 will be sufficient, what will the 4 give me over the 2?

RonSwansonsBestFriend Sat 11-Jun-16 08:41:29

Anyone? Thx

ihatethecold Sat 11-Jun-16 08:51:48

No idea but I'm interested in the answers.
I was wondering if it's worth trying to get a second hand iPad for my dd.
She has saved enough to buy a new one and she will get a warranty with it but they're so expensive

originalmavis Sat 11-Jun-16 08:57:56

I think the minis are too small. The normal sized ones are fine but you need a really sturdy case!

What is the difference in spec? Check the features. We have an ancient (4 years old) iPad at home and it's still plodding along fine. We've had problems with new software updates (deleting favourites etc) but it's still ok.

If get a second hand one or a re conditioned one for a child with a load of memory. They break really easily... and please set the ground rules for use and time on the machine or the child will be glued to it.

needanewjob Sat 11-Jun-16 09:02:34

I agree with above, the mini is pretty small for things like Mathletics or Spellodrome. Our little man inherited our old iPad 2nd generation when we finally upgraded to a newer version and so far it's been great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now