Should we switch to Virgin Media?

(2 Posts)
missmoffatt2705 Mon 08-Feb-16 14:05:12

We are currently with BT for broadband and landline and it is around £50/month. We are looking at cutting these costs and we are in a Virgin area.We still only want broadband and landline, no TV or any other services required. We received a mailer today from Virgin Media. A Virgin phone line is £17.99 per month and then depending on what speed broadband you need, cost ranges from £8-21 per month for an introductory 6 months before rising to £19-32 per month.Contract is 12 months and there is a £9.99 activation fee.
Can you share your experience of Virgin? Is there another company you would recommend instead? With the faster broadband option, the monthly cost would be similar to BT so not really worth changing provider. We are a family of 4 and often have 4 people using WiFI simultaneously.

BackforGood Mon 08-Feb-16 14:57:02

We have Virgin. I have 3 teens (well, one is at University in term time) and dh and I both work at home in the evenings sometimes. We never have trouble getting "enough" wi-fi.
Our monthly bill (incl TV and free calls) is around £38 - £43 per month.
They do free support / call outs if ever you need them which I've been very impressed with on the odd occasion we have needed support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now