chromecast and how to stream??

(6 Posts)
goinggrey1978 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:22:09

i have a chromecast but i'm not sure how to make it stream tv programmes or movies, anyone got a step by step guide of what to do??
a friend said i can stream movies and tv box sets through all cast and something box but still can't figure it out!!

Alonglongway Sun 03-Jan-16 20:29:33

Download the chromecast app onto ypur phone/tablet and it will take you through the steps

goinggrey1978 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:12:57

thanks will give it try tomorrow

amicissimma Wed 06-Jan-16 20:40:22

The Chromecast doesn't do the streaming exactly.

Go into appstore or Play Store, or whatever it's called on your computer, tablet, smartphone or similar and download the Chromecast app. When you open it it will give you instructions about how to get it to 'talk to' the Chromecast. You need both the device and the Chromecast to be using the same WiFi (should you have more than one in your house).

Using your computer/tablet/smartphone you either download what you want to watch, or set it up to stream as if you were going to watch it on your computer/tablet/smartphone. When it's ready to play you tap the little Chromecast icon on the device and it will send it to the Chromecast. It may take a few moments as it (or some of it) seems to get loaded onto the Chromecast. Then ... tada! you watch it on your TV instead of the device.

To pause, rewind, stop, etc, you have to wake up the phone/tablet/computer and tap until the bar with the pause/rewind/stop etc symbols comes up. You use that to control what you are watching.

goinggrey1978 Wed 06-Jan-16 22:32:47

thank you so much for all your help, someone at work suggested using a chromecast with allcast and showbox to stream movies and box sets, well i think that's what they said!! anyone know how to do this ??

goinggrey1978 Sun 24-Jan-16 17:27:04

yipee!! finally got it to work, can't even remember what i pressed to get it to work, shame there's chinese sub titles across the bottom of the screen but i can live with that, for free movies!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now