Photo-sharing website for party photos?

(9 Posts)
ChippyMinton Fri 19-Jun-15 17:59:38

I'm organizing a photo-booth for a school leavers party, and want to upload the photos somewhere visible to invited people, so that they can download the ones they want. Any suggestions please?

ChippyMinton Sat 20-Jun-15 09:37:24

Any geeks around to advise?

ChessieFL Sat 20-Jun-15 17:23:24

You could set up a closed Facebook group and just invite the party guests to join it.

PennilynLott Sat 20-Jun-15 17:36:26

Flickr has a guest pass system

Minniemagoo Sat 20-Jun-15 17:38:45

Dropbox, create a group box, Bil uploaded pics from my nieces Christening for family to see and download.

YAsoNBU Sat 20-Jun-15 17:41:59

Photago is a free to use site for photo sharing. You can have unlimited albums with lots of free storage.

ChippyMinton Sat 20-Jun-15 22:45:48

Thanks all, I will investigate all the options.

I will set up a group on FB, but wasn't sure if people could download the pics?

YAsoNBU Sat 20-Jun-15 22:57:53

They can but Facebook doesn't store in very high quality. The other sites will allow upload and download in high quality. Facebook also doesn't preserve the meta data e.g the date/time taken, so if they want to sort downloaded images it will sort by the date downloaded.

The main issue with many photo storage sites like Flickr is that they require you to sign up for an account in order to use. I believe the Photago site I recommended allows guest access (note I don't have any affiliation with them! )

ChippyMinton Sun 21-Jun-15 08:51:44

Thank you. Very useful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now