Password manager

(3 Posts)

I have a little black book. I know it breaks all the rules but there has to be a way for all of us in the house to record the zillions of passwords we have. Not to mention that I have to know my elderly mother's passwords for when she needs help.
I've come across the idea of a password manager, can anyone recommend one please?

niceguy2 Sat 12-Apr-14 11:03:58

I use Lastpass. It's a little utiilty that you install on your browser that you can save your passwords in. When it detects that website it can autopopulate the fields for you.

You can also store secure notes in there as well as get it to prompt for your master password before completing any forms (useful for secure sites).

I use it for everything except my banking details. That I put a hint instead as a secure note in case I forget.

Best of all it's free as long as you don't need it on your Mobile phone.

I couldn't recommend it enough.

That looks good niceguy, thank you.
The premium version is only 12$ and has a sort of family option for 5 users, that seems exactly what I was after. Am I right in thinking it's stored in the cloud ? I would like to be able to use it if I was away from home?
My banking is done via a banking vault system. Generally I don't keep a note of the full password, just hints which lead me to the acronyms I use.
It'll no doubt be a bit of a project to set up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now