Anyone use the EE-Tmobile website?

(5 Posts)
longtallsally2 Mon 07-Apr-14 12:52:27

Trying to log into my account to check my phone tarrif and my computer is giving a security warning that the site is being redirected to another site, so any data could be compromised. My computer is recommending closing the page and not opening it at all, even to log on.

I neeeed to get in. I am guessing that this is most likely because Tmobile/EE share a site and have to redirect the address to a "master" website which they share, but I'm a woossie re anything to do with computer safety/looking after my data.

Can anyone else get in without getting a security warning on their computer? Any recommendations - as long as I am not entering in my credit card details, is it OK to try to check on my account, or should I just avoid and go into the shop??

Thank youuuuu

NetworkGuy Tue 08-Apr-14 10:48:42

Perhaps best to go to the EE website and look for T-Mob login.

I saw comments on HotUKdeals (.com) the other day that T-Mob and Orange now divert to the EE site, and as a result some of the "SIM Only" deals are only available via other sites (like Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U, e2save/mobiles.co.uk {both run by CPW})...

Going to the T-Mob or Orange diverted to EE so the only SIM deals visible that way are for EE and not necessarily as good for those who know of specific deals from the previous sites.

Odds are there's nothing at all dangerous, and redirecting isn't always a problem - lots of sites do this, but some browsers are 'hypersensitive' and give security warnings when none are really needed. I've had Firefox refuse to let me see some pages in the past, and simply used another browser!

When I just tried the UK T-Mobile site, it went straight to ee.co.uk and showed a page like > this image <

NetworkGuy Tue 08-Apr-14 10:55:57

I've also copied their "Quick Answers" page (which you get to when clicking the link at the top of the previous screen for more details),
and finally their new 'login' page > ink{https://my.ee.co.uk/your-account/login/\https://my.ee.co.uk/your-account/login]]/} < (click to go to the login page,

NetworkGuy Tue 08-Apr-14 10:57:25

hopefully the link will be shown properly this time!

NetworkGuy Tue 08-Apr-14 11:01:27

Hmmm, if you want to see those images full size, I put them online
Quick Answers and New Login

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now