Urgent Facebook business page help required ... pleease!

(13 Posts)
bodiddly Thu 27-Mar-14 16:14:54

I am training for a new career and am setting up a new facebook page for the new business to be used whilst training. The only problem is that there are people from my current daytime job on my existing personal facebook that I don't want knowing I am doing this. I, today, set up a new facebook personal page using my full name, rather than nickname, with the business name as a secondary name in brackets. I then created a page for the new business. All good so far .... I uploaded my new logo and banner and was quite pleased with myself despite not having a clue what I was doing. I then decided I wanted to go and "like" relevant pages such as the governing body/association etc but these "likes" come up as my name rather than the business.

Have I gone about this all wrong? Do I need to start again or is this achievable. I am truly clueless and fear I have explained this incredibly badly.

We have a local business group on facebook that I would like to be included on under the business name so need to get this sorted. Can anyone help please?

NaturalBaby Thu 27-Mar-14 16:20:10

Were you definitely logged in under your new business name when you liked the business related pages? This happened to me a few times and I had to go backwards and forwards a few times, liking and unliking to make sure I linked to the right account.

bodiddly Thu 27-Mar-14 16:24:51

Yes, definitely. I am so confused. Do you think it sounds as if I have done this right?

How does facebook know whether it is you as the individual that is liking the page or your business page liking it?

widowerbutok Thu 27-Mar-14 17:04:20

Just a thought, did you use the same email address for the business page. If you did, wouldnt it know who you are? If you want to create a totally separate account, you could create a new email addy (hotmail etc) and create a totally new, unrelated Facebook account. As i said, just food for thought.

bodiddly Thu 27-Mar-14 17:08:00

That's what I did. I used new business email, new personal page and then used that to create new business page. Why is this so complicated?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 27-Mar-14 17:09:54

Make sure you are doing it on the desktop site, not mobile or app.

Whenever you navigate somewhere check the top of your FB page, it'll say something like you are currently posting and commenting as x. Make sure x is your business and not you. If you need to switch you can click somewhere (top of page near that text?) You will probably find that it will keep switching you back, so keep a close eye.

Facebook is crap.

bodiddly Thu 27-Mar-14 18:14:33

Thank you, that's helpful. Am definitely "liking" as the business but it doesn't seem to want to "like". Will try logging in again and keep trying!

nickelbabe Thu 27-Mar-14 18:17:41

onnthe desktop site, so to the little cog (or dropdown world) onnthe top.right and make sure youmve selected the correct profile.

then you have tosearch for the page from there.

nickelbabe Thu 27-Mar-14 18:18:53

and you definitely mean you made a page? not just another person called your bysiness name?

Iammelting Thu 27-Mar-14 18:23:38

I had the same issue & found you can't 'like' a page from a business page - it always reverts to main FB acc.

Found this though which has a workaround on it HTH

https://digitalfireflymarketing.com/how-can-business-another-business-facebook-timeline

bodiddly Thu 27-Mar-14 19:11:09

You are a genius Iammelting! Thank you so much.

Iammelting Thu 27-Mar-14 22:17:50

you're welcome, hope it's working for you now.

nickelbabe Sat 29-Mar-14 21:34:50

strange.
I've got loads of likes for pages from my business pages.
confused
you can't message people from.your business page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now