How to get my printer to deactivate the WiFi connection?

(2 Posts)
BlogOnTheTyne Fri 14-Mar-14 15:34:17

Usually my printer works via a cable and has never worked using the WiFi setting. Usually, the WiFi blue light is therefore off. This is a Canon Pixma MG6350.

Our cats have jumped on top of the printer and done something ingenious to turn ON the blue WiFi light! Now the printer won't communicate with my desktop PC at all - ie won't print out any of the desperately urgent documents I need done TODAY!

Have tried switiching everything off and then on again at the wall. Have tried trawling through a confusing and useless online manual for the printer. Have tried reconfiguring the printer to print through wireless (can't figure this one out at all). Nothing works.

So - turning to MN geeks to help urgently please. How can I turn off the wirelsss light/ wireless connection on my printer, so that it can happily continue to print via the connected cable (which is properly connected by the way and not loose)?

Many thanks.

widowerbutok Fri 14-Mar-14 18:23:33

Not sure if this will help, but here is the Canon site about that printer,obtained via Google.
www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/PIXMA_Printer_Wireless_Connection_Setup/MG6350_Printer_Wireless_Connection_Setup/index.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now