Which Apple laptop please?

(6 Posts)
Celeriacacaca Mon 27-Jan-14 22:33:08

Air or Pro? What is main difference please? Want to be armed before going to Apple store. I need it for writing documents, emailing and web browsing. Don't want titchy screen as at age where eyes are going wrong! TIA.

PedroYoniLikesCrisps Tue 28-Jan-14 07:41:32

Are you sure you want a Mac at all? They are going to he hugely overpriced for doing the things you listed.

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Tue 28-Jan-14 07:47:02

If you must get a mac, then an air would probably do all that just fine. I have a 15" pro for work and while fairly powerful with a big HD, it's not very light!

IWantToBePippiLongstocking Tue 28-Jan-14 11:02:47

Do a count of how many USB ports you want beforehand. The Air doesn't have as many as the Pro.

Power is the main difference. The Pro is more powerful but as others have said, if you're only doing those three things then the Air is better as it's a little cheaper.

Theas18 Thu 30-Jan-14 18:47:44

just got a 13 inch basic macbook air refurb. Loving it so far. not hard to get used to, though i have bought the training package (you CAN get it with refurb but you have to ring up) as I was acutely aware that the people that would normally help me sort problems esp dh, have never used a mac.

I was told in store that the air was perfect for me, they didn't try to up sell to a retina display etc which was good but they did say if I was likely to want to tinker with upgrading memory etc get the old model 13 inch pro. You are allowed to replace/upgrade bits yourself and its "to much harder than changing the battery or SIM in a mobile phone". The old model pro is also the only one with an integral CD drive but I've just bought a neat samsung one cheaply and it's been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now